Tests are based on standard IEC 62109-2-2011. They include the following:
- Voltage, frequency and wave form of output at different load levels.
- Total harmonic distortion measurement.
- Efficiency under different load conditions.
- No load consumption measurement.
- Shut off voltage.
To check nominal and peak capacity we use resistive and inductive loads.
Following are the main tests we perform on controllers:
- Efficiency measurement.
- MPPT test.
- Battery charge voltage. The voltage at which the controller stops charging the batteries is verified.
- Shutoff voltage. The voltage at which the controller stops feeding the loads to protect the battery from a deep dischargee is verified.
- Specific application tests, such as with luminaries.
Aside from standard tests also applied to inverters and controllers, transfer functions and battery charge from a DC supply is tested.
Protections and performance of the whole systems is tested. Wiring is verified using thermography.